October 28, 2006

After my vent about being too busy last week I decided that SOMETHING had to give. Well, more accurately, Dave decided that something had to give. I had already signed up for a "Dream Dinners" session. Dream Dinners is a company where you go and assemble dinners to put in freezer bags to cook later. What's nice about it is that they do all the prep work for you -- cutting, cleaning, can opening -- and the clean up. It makes for quick dinners at home that aren't fast food or super unhealthy. We've done it once before, but I think it's going to become a regular thing. Also, Dave has decreed that we are getting someone to clean our house twice a month. Yes, we're getting a house cleaner for our 950 square foot condo. But with all our recent traveling, if I do the cleaning on weekends we never spend any time together. So, he convinced me that it's okay to hire someone to help us out.

All of this, as well as some comments to my prior post, has made me think. We all tend to think things "have" to be done a certain way. Whatever that way is. Like I thought I should cook dinner and clean the house all the time no matter what. It seemed like the responsible, good stewardy thing to do. But, really, opening my eyes to a few ways to save time has made life much easier to deal with. And, it will free up my time so I can do Bible studies, service projects, etc. Anyway, I guess I'm trying to say that there is usually more than one "right" way to do something. . . including raising kids and caring for a home.

No comments: