October 17, 2006

Update on the house -- my parents didn't get it. I think the sellers are still of the mindset that it's a seller's market. Their house has been on the market since March. I'm thinking it's time to lower their expectations a little. But, my parents are optimistic that they will find something better. I know they will and that God has the perfect house for them.

On another note, I am having a super crazy week at work. I have a status conference in federal court tomorrow, a hearing in Redding on Friday, and a hearing in Fresno next week. That's on top of the six briefs due next week. And, as usual, the floors at home need mopping and we need groceries. This whole deal of working and taking care of a husband/home is hard! I'm starting to think I shouldn't have kids -- that I just can't handle it. Or, maybe I need to change my mind about keeping my job after they're born. But when you spent almost seven years in school and owe an obscene amount in student loans, that option isn't as appealing. Anyone have any thoughts on the whole working mom thing?

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I agree, your parents will get a better house. And that is nice it's buyer’s market now.

Not being a parent or an attorney, I don’t have a perspective on the subject of working moms, and I don't know how they do it! Any mom--working or not--impresses me. My observations are this (1) no one really knows how they’ll feel until they have a kid and then go back to work; and (2) There will ALWAYS be something that has to give (housework, a great job, identity, lots of time with kids), you just have to decide what you want to give up.

Sacramento Heckler said...

You're right Tweedygirl... it does open a can of worms. I think I just needed to vent that day, and I really am curious about what people think. I don't think it should be a subject on which women bash each other -- mom's have it hard enough any way you look at it!