March 7, 2008
Help!!!
Okay, so I've mentioned before that Abby is not a fan of her car seat and is a very active baby. Well, the truth is she's not fond of anything that confines her. At least nothing that we own. This includes her stroller. I've also mentioned that she is a big girl. Close to 20 lbs. at almost five months. For anyone reading who doesn't know, I'm NOT a big girl; even post-pregnancy. I'm 5'1" and, while I won't tell you my exact weight, let's just say it's not that high. The point? My back is KILLING me from carrying Abby all the time. I'm one of those people who goes stir crazy staying in the house, so we try to go out every day. In order to do so I must carry Abby or put her in the Bjorn since she screams in anything else. Thus, a back that is close to giving out. I have a doctor's appointment next week, and we're looking into buying a different stroller, but I thought I'd throw it out there to any moms or people with bad backs who are reading. Any suggestions on how to keep Abby happy in something other than the Bjorn? Any tips on how to deal with a bad back?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm not sure what kind of carrying device would be best...maybe she will learn to like another stroller?
For your back, doing stretches really helps, and working on posture (i.e. always bending knees when lifting the baby, etc.) At least that helps me. Good luck!
Though I'm not small, Maren was HUGE so I feel your pain! What really REALLY helped me a lot was doing as much as I could to strengthen my abs. Those are the muscles that give all the support to your back. Do crunches or even get one of those cheap and cheesy ab thingies at Target, or an abs dvd and go to town! It really made a huge difference for me.
Really work on the lifting with your knees and legs too. Don't lift with your back. It's hard at first to get in the habit, but much easier once you get the hang of it.
Our chiropractor really helped too. Get to work on those abs, girl!
Obviously, I'm not a mom, but I have much experience with back issues (do you remember when I threw my back out right before we went to Europe?) Anyway...I totally echo the strong abs things. Pilates got rid of all my back problems...a huge deal! So, I recommend Pilates, a class if you have time for it, b/c that works abs better than a DVD.
Post a Comment