January 31, 2007

Lots of Traveling....

When I took my job, they told me "some travel is involved." Up until the past few months, that statement was fairly accurate. But, alas, I've hit a rough spot and have been doing way more than my fair share of the traveling. In October I went to Redding a couple of times. No big deal, only 3.5 hours from Sac and not too bad. Then December hit. One week I had a hearing in Susanville (near Reno) and had to make a call to a court for another hearing from my hotel room (!) and had a hearing in Sacramento the next day. The next week I had a hearing in Crescent City (near the Oregon border) and a hearing the very next day in Sacramento. Crazy, especially as I almost got stuck in Crescent City. After all this I thought January and February would be calm. Nope. I made an overnight trip down to Hanford two weeks ago, a trip to Fresno last week, another trip to Hanford yesterday, and next week I travel to Modesto on Tuesday, Chico on Wednesday, and Hanford again on Thursday. Most of these are overnight trips. I've decided I'm definitely earning my pay! I've also learned that I don't like to travel alone! So ... if anyone needs any tips on traveling in CA's Central Valley, come see me! If there is a prison nearby, I've been there. :)

No comments: