January 4, 2007
Life phases are very interesting things. When I graduated from college many of my friends were dating someone seriously, and many got married withhin a couple years of graduation. I felt a little left out and also a little out of the loop -- they were "couples" while it was still just me. Then I found a whole new group of single girls at my church and my social life exploded. Several years later, many of us are just getting married and now we're "couples." Now, many of my college friends and new friends in Sacramento have kids. While I can now relate to married folk, I can't imagine having kids. I just can't relate to taking care of a fussy baby or active toddler all day; although some say I treat Maggie and Chloe like babies, they're really not the same. :) But I know in a few years I'll be doing just that and so will some of my other newly married friends. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that life is full of changes and you have to have a balance of old friends who may or may not be in your life stage but know you really well, and new friends who are in the same place as you. Also, I'm learning that God provides enough grace to handle each new "life phase" even if we don't think we can handle it. In fact I'm counting on that grace -- without it my kids won't make it past their first birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't even tell you how much I relate this post!!! I need to keep an open mind about having friends with kids. And what a great reminder that God's grace means I don't have to "handle" my new life stage.
P.S. LOVE the Christmas table!
Post a Comment