It's such a small world when you graduate from Biola. I meet people from Biola everywhere, and in the most random places. By the amount of people I meet, you'd think the school was UCLA sized, rather than smaller than my high school (at least when I was there!). Dave and I started a new couple's Bible study a couple weeks ago and one of the couples are Biola alumi. They were there at the same time I was, and the wife even lived in Alpha on third even (for those who don't know, I lived on third odd for two years). Then, Dave and I were driving to his dad's house in Modesto and a man in a Mazda Miata gestured for me to roll down the window. Thinking something must be wrong with our car, I did so. Nope, nothing wrong with the car. His statement, "What year?" He had noticed my Biola license plate frame and was himself a 1988 grad. Small world.
All of these Biola connections have got me thinking about my time in college. While I have some regrets -- mostly that I didn't socialize enough because I was always studying and, therefore, don't have the strong connections some others do-- it was a fabulous place to go to college. Dave laughs at me because I'm always talking about something I learned there after we hear a sermon; it was really a time of learning about the Bible and learning how to grow closer to God. I'll follow Tweedygirl's example of giving thanks for something -- I'm thankful I had the opportunity to go to Biola.
December 3, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Speaking of college...I visited Indiana this weekend to show Paul around campus. I was having a blog brain freeze, so you inspired my post today and also got me thinking about things. Thanks!
Post a Comment