I'm such a pitiful blogger -- it always seems to be the first thing to go when I'm tired busy, etc., and I really struggle to find my life interesting enough to write about. But, with so many friends scattered across the country it is a great way to keep in touch. So, I'll try to catch up and then hopefully be better in the future. Here are some bullet points.
WE'RE HAVING A GIRL. Her name is Abigail Diana Heckler. For those who don't know, Diana was Dave's mom's name (she passed away several years ago). We tried to keep it a secret, but we totally spilled the beans to our friends and then our family so it's out there now.
My parents finally found a house up here in Sacramento and will hopefully be moved in by the time Abby arrives. This is exceedingly helpful as I plan to return to work after 6 months (a year at the latest) and my mom will be able to watch Abby for us.
Work is going well. I have increasingly complex cases and the other week got to sit in on a new attorney's phone hearing just in case anything happened. Aren't I the new attoreny? Guess not so much anymore.
Can't think of anything else right now. Life is pretty consumed by baby. Here are some pictures of her painted nursery. Still have to put up a chair rail, put the furniture together, and hang everything on the walls. Let me tell you, this whole painting stripes on the wall was a process. Not to mention that the prior owners had painted the ceiling brown. Three coats of paint later, we finally had a white ceiling.
2 comments:
Wahooo!! Great post!!! I was thinking, "Well I bet Heather hasn't written a new post, but I'll check anyway." Glad I did!! The room looks great! Such a cheerful nursery. =) And you are such a super cute pregnant gal.
AND, biggest of all.... a GIRL!!!!! Well, I just think baby girls are about the best thing ever of course, so I'm super thrilled for you. And I love her name. Great choice! I had a big smile on my face as I read that paragraph. =)
My only complaint with your post: You need to change "so many friends scattered across the country" to "scattered across the WORLD." Cuz don't I count????? =)
Congratulations! A girl! How exciting! The room looks great. I love that deep pink color!
I look forward to more updates!
Post a Comment