I made a friend!!! Okay, so not quite yet, but there is exciting news on the friend front here in Roseville. Since moving I've had a hard time meeting people my age and developing relationships. It's been extremely hard because I left friends in Orange County who were more like family than friends -- these girls truly rock!!! So Dave and I have been going to a new church that has quite a few young couples. This morning at church we saw a couple we had met the other week. The girl invited me to a women's ministry open house that was going on tonight. I had been planning on going, but it was so nice to be invited and to know that I'd know someone there. So, after going to this open house I am very encouraged. I got two phone numbers, signed up for a very low commitment small group designed for gals to get to know one another, and was invited to join a group of couples without kids that gets together for dinner once a month. Whoa -- the floodgates have opened on the dry prairie of my life!!!
The cool thing about all this is that at the beginning of the summer I prayed a very specific prayer -- that God would provide one person by the end of summer who was either a friend or who I knew had the potential to be a good friend. Well, looks like that prayer has been answered. Our God is so good.... it never ceases to amaze me!
August 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment