June 3, 2006


So this past week (Monday the 29th) I joined to big 3-0 club. Still being new to the Sacramento area, and having missed several holidays with my folks, I was a little depressed about turning 30 without good friends or family around. Well, my husband took care of that! My aunt came to visit for the weekend because there was a VW bug show up here (she has a "show" bug). On Sunday while she was at the show Dave took me to buy a new outfit and we looked at furniture. He kept dragging and suggesting more activities. I was so exhausted that I just wanted to go home, but went along with him. When we got home and walked in the door I heard many voices yelling "Surprise!" My sweet husband had thrown me a suprise party. But, the kicker is that my mom and dad drove up from SoCal and my sister and old roommate and BFF Amy flew up. What a treat! My mom had decorated our house in Strawberry Shortcake decor to make me feel young -- we even had a SS cake that came with a toy and two locket necklaces (one to share and one to give to your BFF). What a great way to turn 30!!!!

No comments: