May 22, 2006

As a Christian, how much is too much? Do you know what I mean? We went to a BBQ on Saturday at the home of a couple from church who we didn't know at all. Their house is in a swanky area -- several homes nearby must have been 10,000 to 15,000 square feet. Theirs was not quite so big, but it was definitely bigger than most folks I know, and it was really nice with all sorts of fancy features and upgrades. Seeing all those nice homes has me thinking about how much is too much. I'm not judging, just wondering what I'm okay with for myself -- realizing that one of the challenges of living here in an upper middle class suburban environment is living simply, but still struggling to figure out exactly what that means. Just a random thought from the day.

1 comment:

Sacramento Heckler said...

I so agree Tweedygirl.... You and I both grew up in small homes, and that definitely affects my perspective. But, yeah, it truly is a heart issue.